As I am planning Ben and my 10 year anniversary trip, I have a lot to compare it to. In May 2006, immediately following our wedding, we went on the trip of a lifetime. Thanks to some skymiles and a timeshare and a super kind set of in-laws, we spent an entire week in Kauai, the Garden Island of Hawaii. The simple me says skip researching any all-inclusive resorts, and go right back where you were ten years ago, and do all the same things all over again! I think the crazy long plane ride is the one thing holding me back from making this exact decision.
Ten years ago. A whole decade. Us before we were mom and dad. Us before we were both even college graduates (Ben was barely two weeks graduated!). Us before car payments, house payments, or Master's degrees. We were high school sweethearts, who had beat the odds! We had done the unthinkable 2 years of a long-distance relationship, and were about to charter into new forbidden territory of getting married while I still had a year of college left (Spoiler alert- I graduated!). We were idealistic, determined, and in love! Neither of us are very good listeners-- God puts a fire in our hearts and we go full speed ahead, usually while everyone tells us it's a bad idea. Fortunately, that seems to work out for us (as I type this, I wonder why my children are so difficult, HA!).
I really didn't have much of a point for this post-- just to reflect-- and to share some amazing Hawaii pictures! :)
This trip was as amazing as the pictures look! We took surf lessons, went to a luau, rode four-wheelers, zip-lined, cruised the Napali coast, saw dolphins, beautiful waterfalls, and made some amazing friends and memories! We have since gained three beautiful kiddos, who helped gain some pounds and grey hairs, but I certainly would not want to have spent the last decade doing life with anyone else by my side! Our last decade was spent doing a lot about us-- growing families and careers. I'm really excited for a more relaxing (hopefully!) and less self-centered decade as our little family strives to seek ways to make a difference in our community!























No comments:
Post a Comment