Friday, July 15, 2011

Let your Yes's be Yes and your No's be No!---Matthew 5:37

Lately, our kids have been quite comical with their yes's and no's.  Sydney doesn't just say no, she says "No no no no."  (I thought this was unique to her until I have started listening to myself.  Apparently, also do this a LOT!)  When she's agreeable to something, instead of saying yes, she says "Oh YES, Mommy!!"   Crazy, cute girl!

For several weeks, Eli said yes and no.  You knew what he wanted.  Now, everything is "No!"  even if he means, "Yes, I do want that!"  It isn't a mean, bratty no.  It's a very solemn "No-oh!"  It's so frusterating though, because now I'm not sure what he wants!  "Eli, want a cookie?"  "No-oh!" as he is grabbing the cookie!  Hoping that this phase is short-lived; although, it has already been going on a few weeks!  It's even driving Sydney nuts-- when she knows he means yes- she helps him shake his head yes!  ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment