Then, 10 months later, Eli decided to show her that "I can do anything better than you! Yes I can! Yes I can!" We got a frantic call from our babysitter that Eli had busted his head, was bleeding, and we needed to come home! Then, she hung up. For my nursing friends, apparently this is why SBAR is important! :) I called her back, got a little more info, sent my neighbors over (who are the heroes of the night), and got home to find a little boy in great need of stitches. This time there was no debating it, his head was split open. When you make your nurse Mama nauseated, this is not a good sign! So, we drove to the same Children's ER (we go there because 1) they have good drugs and aren't scared to give them to kids which means 2) it is not traumatic at all.) Both kids got stitches with no tears. And they were both done by plastic surgery residents! After seeing the plastics guy and the ER doc, Eli got 4 stitches on the inside, 10 stitches on top, and Dermabond for good measure! My poor, baby boy!! (On a side note, it was pretty neat that one of my nursing school BFFs is one of the night managers in the ER and was able to make sure the plastics guy came to see us before he left and she was our nurse. It is fun to have connections!)
After receiving our $2,200 bill for




Poor little guy..and Momma! What a trooper! I love CHOA!
ReplyDelete